Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Essay --

Role of renewable expertness sources in environmental protection.Munthir ALMoslem school-age child 1001020682Course EES1100Date 9th December 2013Area of interestsThe Saudi-Arabian Arabia economy is extremely dependent on oil exports the country has approximately one-fifth of the worlds be oil reserves, and it is the largest producer and exporter of oil, producing 12 million barrels per daylight (Saudi Arabia Country Profile, 2013). Saudi Arabia is the biggest languishr of oil in the Middle East in 2009, the country was ranked as the worlds 13th highest consumer of energy, of which nearly 60 percent was petroleum-based and the other 40 percent was natural flatulence (Saudi Arabia Country Profile, 2013). From all the accessible sources, the current capacity of producing energy in Saudi Arabia is about(predicate) 55 gigawatts and grows by 3 gigawatts annually (Alaindroos & He, 2012). The Saudi Arabian government invests about 1,125 billion dollars to cater to its energy necess arily between now and 2018 (Alaindroos & He, 2012). In the year 2009 alone, the country used about 100 million barrels of oil to produce energy and this implies that they consume one quarter of all their oil in domestic uses. The entreat for electricity in Saudi Arabia is estimated to increase by 70 GW in the next twenty years (Saudi Arabia Country Profile, 2013).The current dependence on unsustainable energy sources has a different effect on the environment receivable to gases they emit into the atmosphere. If the country fully implements the use of sustainable sources of energy, it will uphold to expand the use of energy for security purposes. The use of sustainable sources of energy would lead to reduced emissions of greenhouse gases, effluents and other wastes that have a minus im... ...s. Environment, 37(9) 6-15.Maithani, P. (2008). Renewable Energy in the Global Context. New York Concept issue Company.Mani. (2013). Saudi Arabia Invests $109B To Meet 1/3 Energy Needs From Renewables. ValueWalk. Retrieved from http//www.valuewalk.com/2013/07/saudi-arabia-invests-109b/Nogee , A . , Clemmer, S. , Donovan, D. ,& Deyette, J. (2002). Clean Energy Blueprint Increasing Energy Security, Saving Money, and defend the Environment with Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Bulletin of Science, Technology & Society, 22(2) 100-109.Olivier, J. , Janssens-Maenhout , G. , Muntean, M. ,& Peters, J. (2013) . Trends in global CO2 emissions 2013 Report. Retrieved from http//www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/cms/publicaties/pbl-2013-trends-in-global-co2-emissions-2013-report-1148.pdfSaudi Arabia Country Profile. (2013). Environmental Analysis. MEED

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.